what not to do when creating a profile?

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
TimmiLatte

what not to do when creating a profile?

Post by TimmiLatte »

I have been having a play around with making new profiles but I have been having a problem with the beans heating too fast warning at the start of some of the roasts.

It seems that I will put some beans in (100g) and start it, and then I'll get that warning after about 15seconds into the roast. Then I will stop the roast and start it again. After that it will go through the roast profile without the warning. Only to come up with the warning again for the next batch. I have noticed (as you can see in the log) that the mean temp in the first 2 minutes is quite a bit higher than my desired profile even when it does make it to the end and I don't know what is causing that or how to fix it.

I have done about 80 roasts in the last two weeks and not had a problem with any of the profiles that I have downloaded from the community forum - it's only my own playing that has issues.
Attachments
log0049.klog
(82.44 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
BenN

Re: what not to do when creating a profile?

Post by BenN »

You could try preheat power to be little lower. I would say say 800-900 to start with.
If you hover the label of profile setting, studio recommend to 840. I think it is based on 120g load ..
Annotation 2020-07-01 174037.jpg
Annotation 2020-07-01 174037.jpg (70.14 KiB) Viewed 1956 times
Good luck for your journey,
Ben