Hawkesbury Blend 2

Start a new topic for a new roast profile. Reply to an existing topic to enter your comments on the profile, or to attach minor variants.
Jim

Hawkesbury Blend 2

Post by Jim »

Hi,
Can anyone suggest a profile for this coffee? I have used K-Logic Classic, Level 3.3 with good results but am wondering if it could be even better. Uganda, Brazil and Papua New Guinea, which apparently make up the blend, seem to have different altitudes.
Jim
Matt S

Re: Hawkesbury Blend 2

Post by Matt S »

Hi Jim
Have you been blending the beans pre or post roast? You could try using the appropriate altitude profile for each of the beans separately and then blend them post roast.

Matt
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hi Matt,
Thanks for replying. No I buy the green beans ready blended and the seller doesn't give away the proportions. I could buy the green beans separately and experiment I suppose but it would be a slow process, especially as I only know the regions, not the varieties.
JIM
Matt S

Post by Matt S »

Hi Jim,
I would suggest trying the D Roast profile that has been posted on the forum if you have the voltage for it
nrdlnd

Post by nrdlnd »

Hi Jim,
I can't say anything about the D-Roast profile as I haven't had any success with it as I 'only' have 230V. I think you must have 240V to be able to have success with it. The 'problem' with your blend is the lower altitude Brazil that may need a more gentle start. If the Classic that is a good profile works for you why not try to fine tune it? Can't you post a log and you can probaly get some tips how you can make adjustments to the profile to better your results. If you make changes don't forget to note what changes you have made so you if needed can go back to the original profile.
You don't say how you brew your coffee. Melitta, V60, black espresso, espresso with milk and so on? A profile I've had good results with is Ninja Turtle but my advice is to try to fine tune the Classic first. It's also good to learn how to make adjustments. It's a lot to learn in the Kaffelogic Roasters Companion. It's in the downloads. But tell us some more and you will get help from the community.