Bacth size calculation

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
BenN

Bacth size calculation

Post by BenN »

As the boost kit going well on the its way out and its' default loading size to be 120g.
There are many user-developed profile based on 100g loading as suggested size.

If I have those 100g suggested profile with non-boost firmware, and roasting 100g.
This is effectively selecting [120g] setting for 100g load with boost firmware,
So, the 50g load will be say [60g].

Loading 200g may be too much and [200g] setting should be like 160~170g actual load?

Is the firmware can do this by updates (in the future)?
To avoid conversion of side when it comes to lowering or make it larger at every time...
1. May have set suggested charge side for profile (may be if not 120g).
2. Firmware algorism to compensate size input based on the recommended size on profile.

---
Anyway, do you have suggestion how much of volume I can load to the relative to hight may well be around 10mm lower than top?
Also, for minimum load in volume wise, is it should higher than that hot air vent that come into chamber?

I normally use my scale to weigh the greens before loading, so that volume vary based on beans origin,
---

I found fan calibration difficult when try to roast different size.
Small size need more fun speed to move beans effectively but same fan calibration, with larger load it is too much,
I think it still be optimised loading size that covering or just touching the temp prove, for stable roast batch to batch that regardless of load size,

I know firmware is still on beta and I see it's going quite rapid tweak at moment so keep up good work!
Last edited by BenN on Mon 13 Mar, 2023 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ben
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Re: Bactyh size calculation

Post by kaffelogic »

BenN wrote: Sun 12 Mar, 2023 1:42 pm Is the firmware can do this by updates (in the future)?
To avoid conversion of side when it comes to lowering or make it larger at every time...
1. May have set suggested charge side for profile (may be if not 120g).
2. Firmware algorism to compensate size input based on the recommended size on profile.
Good idea. We will consider implementing this!
Thanks for the suggestion
Chris
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

BenN wrote: Sun 12 Mar, 2023 1:42 pm ---
Anyway, do you have suggestion how much of volume I can load to the relative to hight may well be around 10mm lower than top?
Also, for minimum load in volume wise, is it should higher than that hot air vent that come into chamber?

I normally use my scale to weigh the greens before loading, so that volume vary based on beans origin,
---
You can load any volume provided you can get the beans circulating well. It requires trial and error. There are no volume limits, only the requirement for circulation.
BenN

Post by BenN »

kaffelogic wrote: Mon 13 Mar, 2023 10:05 am You can load any volume provided you can get the beans circulating well. It requires trial and error. There are no volume limits, only the requirement for circulation.
Thanks

Will see with trial and error, good circulation but not to put too much beans in collector,.
I found low volume that does not completely cover the hot air vent that go into roast chamber made less circulation,.
Ben