"Heat too slow Pls check beans" error

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
Geronimo

Re: "Heat too slow Pls check beans" error

Post by Geronimo »

If anyone not in New Zealand wants me to try and get hold of someone in support by phone, to sort your heater element issues, I’d be happy to. It’s definitely not acceptable and I’d be spewing if I’d just purchased. Please let me know.

Cheers
G
Wispy

Post by Wispy »

I think I might have found the issue.

https://kaffelogic.com/community/viewto ... ?f=6&t=474
eyetom

Post by eyetom »

I did get a response from support last week. They requested a roasting log which I provided. They said it is the heating element and they gave my contact information to the distributor in Canada to respond to me (there is not a distributor active in the US yet). I have not received a response yet. I did ask a few days ago if it was covered under warranty since I had received my roaster in January of this year and hope to receive a response soon.
Wispy

Post by Wispy »

Getting mine resolved currently (see the link to my thread).

Hope you manage to get yours sorted out.
Xantlin

Post by Xantlin »

Last week, I contacted the distributor (again) from whom I bought my roasting machine and conveyed my conversation with Kaffelogic. They asked me to send the non-working device I had. After sending the device, it turned out to be a hardware defect (they said probably heating element) and they offered to send me a new device. I received the new device over the weekend and I had a chance to try it. There are no problems with the device for now.

Also, I got response from Kaffelogic and they offered to send the heating element spare parts for repair. It's nice hearing back from them. So basically, my issue is solved. However, I've doubts whether the device will cause problems like this again.
TheJoePro

Post by TheJoePro »

Seems I am now in the same boat. My machine will not heat, even after clearing the inner chamber. I reached out to support but haven't heard back yet, though it's only been a couple days. Just really frustrated because I've only had it 4 months, and roasted maybe 20 batches. Massive buyer's remorse on this one. Best place to sell after fix?
jochoada

Post by jochoada »

Hi Everyone,

I am also seeing the same error after 56 roasts. I received my roaster delivered to the U.S. in Jan 2023 and boost kit in May 2023. Just submitted a help ticket today.

Hoping for a quick resolution,
Thanks!
SeanBrews

Post by SeanBrews »

If you have done another empty chamber test after trying the earlier suggestions, then please contact support as your element likely needs changing.
inkydinkydude

Post by inkydinkydude »

Just got the dreaded "Heat too slow" error as well. Contributor to US Kickstarter in June 2022. Received unit in January 2023 and have about 50 roasts on it. I just started roasting a fresh batch for Thanksgiving next week... 50+ people. Super bummed. I sent of a message to Support. :x