K Logic Classic Profile Needed

The 12 core profiles (plus additional profiles customised for specific microlots as they become available)
zatman1

K Logic Classic Profile Needed

Post by zatman1 »

Hi
I’m new to this forum and am using the Nucleus Link. Someone suggested that I try the K Logic Classic Profile that is built into the Kaffelogic. Does anyone have it to post here so I can download it?
Much appreciated
Bob
Barry O'Speedwagon

Re: K Logic Classic Profile Needed

Post by Barry O'Speedwagon »

This thread has all of the profiles in a single zip archive.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=201&p=1246#p1246
zatman1

Post by zatman1 »

I don’t see the Classic Profile which comes installed in the Kaffelogic and from what I understand is not one of the 12 listed.
Rehtael

Post by Rehtael »

I just think Classic has been split out into this section of the document. I have a repo of historical stuff from Kaffelogic and don't have a "Classic" profile.

General profiles

The other 8 core profiles are general profiles. Use one of these if the special purpose profiles
don’t apply. The general profiles allow you to customise your roast according to both the
altitude where the coffee is grown and how soon you want to drink it.

Coffee is grown in one of four altitude bands:
● 0-1200m
● 1200-1500m
● 1500-2000m
● 2000-2700m

Each altitude band is covered by two general profiles: ​RTD​ and ​Rest​. The two profiles are
adjusted so that they have a different amount of time to peak flavour. This is known as
programmed peak flavour.
● RTD​ (ready to drink) coffee is at its optimum straight after roasting. For peak flavour
it should be consumed within 3 days of roasting.
● Rest​ coffee is at its optimum 3-5 days after roasting. This coffee should be rested
before consumption. For peak flavour it should be consumed between 3 and 7 days
after roasting.

For example, coffee from Kenya is grown from 1,700 - 1,800 m above sea level. This puts it
in the 1500-2000m altitude band. There are two general profiles that are appropriate for this
coffee:
● 1500-2000m RTD
● 1500-2000m Rest
Barry O'Speedwagon

Post by Barry O'Speedwagon »

There definitely is a separate profile on the roaster / flash drive called the 'Classic' or 'K Logic Classic' (there's also a 'Decaf' profile), that is not one of the altitude based profiles. I'm not in the same location as my roaster at the moment, so can't attempt to copy it.
Rehtael

Post by Rehtael »

These are the profiles on my USB:
kusb.png
kusb.png (9.35 KiB) Viewed 1352 times
Cycling through the profiles I do see the "K-logic Classic" profile, so suspect its embedded in the firmware rather than a separate kpro file.
Squirt

Post by Squirt »

The classic profile is included as the default with the machine. It is also the default profile that opens when you open Studio so you can extract it by going "save as" when you open a blank studio page.

Here you go, hopefully it works for you:
Attachments
Classic.kpro
(1.79 KiB) Downloaded 123 times