KLPMS Layout

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
Angela

KLPMS Layout

Post by Angela »

KLPMS

Might I humbly suggest the save and eject buttons go top right?

They have never arranged well for me on 1280 x 1024.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Re: KLPMS Layout

Post by kaffelogic »

good suggestion - the right end of the toolbar is always empty, and the bottom right corner of the screen is often used by the recommended level controls - I'm not sure how soon I will get this done because the latest release cycle has closed - but I will let you know
Angela

Post by Angela »

Thanks Chris.

You might consider the issue of loading files - say logs. One navigates to a directory for the initial file load. All OK. Then if one wishes to run a 'compare' the current working directory is not remembered, and a new navigate sequence to find the file is needed. .... At least on my system. Not head-bangingly annoying but just slightly irritating. Don't rush .. 'fullness of time' and all that.

The 20ms/ 30ms delay seems to be working very well on the new firmware.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

It's good the firmware update has been effective.

I originally relied on the operating system to remember current working directory because Windows does a fairly good job of doing that automatically, and it provides some assistance when switching between programs, but I'm now more inclined to think that the user experience is better if the program looks after its own current working dir. That would work much better on Linux, as you point out. Another improvement to add to the backlog...
Angela

Post by Angela »

kaffelogic wrote: Thu 08 Aug, 2019 8:05 am ... Another improvement to add to the backlog...
Hey! Don't play to the gallery! What else are you gonna do in bleak Dunedin in mid-Winter? ;)
Angela

Post by Angela »

kaffelogic wrote: Thu 08 Aug, 2019 8:05 am It's good the firmware update has been effective.

I originally relied on the operating system to remember current working directory because Windows does a fairly good job of doing that automatically, and it provides some assistance when switching between programs, but I'm now more inclined to think that the user experience is better if the program looks after its own current working dir. That would work much better on Linux, as you point out. Another improvement to add to the backlog...
This still isn't right. You store a directory as a hidden config file so when KLPMS (what a mouthful) opens it loads the last directory used. Good so far; when I want to open a 'compare' or just load another file I get thrown back to my system home (~/ ) and need to find the 'working' directory all over again.

QA at your place has a vacancy? :)
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

Thanks for pointing this out Angela. I will tidy it up in the next beta release.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

Angela, I haven't been able to reproduce the issue you reported. That's why the current beta v 3.2.1 doesn't have a fix for this issue. Can you provide a more detailed set of steps to reproduce?