Storing Roast Profiles

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
Sam

Storing Roast Profiles

Post by Sam »

Can I ask if the Nano 7 has the capacity to store profiles internally?

When a profile is loaded from USB, is the profile stored permanently in internal memory or is it only held until the Nano is powered down?

I'm asking because having overwritten the K-logic Classic profile, I realised I didn't have a copy. Fortunately, I was able to recover the profile from earlier roast logs.

If a profile is stored, can the Nano 7 store more than one profile into internal memory? The profile file size is only a few KB.

Thanks,

Sam
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Re: Storing Roast Profiles

Post by kaffelogic »

Hi Sam
The default profile is easily restored:
  • K-logic classic is always available as one of the choices when you press the profile button regardless of whether there is a memory stick in the USB port or not.
  • When you reset the roaster (hold ▶ down while you turn on the power switch) it always re-loads the default profile.
  • Kaffelogic Profile Management Studio uses the default profile when you select 'New'.
The roaster can load one profile at a time. It stays loaded when you turn the power switch off and when you remove the memory stick. The roast level also stays as you set it.

It would be possible to load several profiles on the roaster. We have chosen not to do this to keep the user interface as simple as possible. The idea is that if you want to have a range of profiles available at your fingertips you keep the memory stick plugged in to the USB port. Think of the memory stick as being the roaster's solid state disk drive. It can hold an unlimited number of profiles.