Power

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
Rehtael

Power

Post by Rehtael »

What are the +/- power limits of the Nano 7? I did get a display message this morning about the Power Supply (100%)...

Australia's power supply tends to fluctuate between 224V and 252V (based on my UPS Input V report for past 1 month).
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Re: Power

Post by kaffelogic »

That's interesting. Showing an issue at100% tells me that the calculation was over 99.5% and it was then rounded up for display. In effect that means you can ignore the warning this time. You can see the voltage that the roaster is measuring in the technical info available from the 'info' button.

As a rule of thumb issues will emerge when voltages drop below around 220V. I say that it is a rule of thumb because the profile has a setting for required power for that profile, so the exact voltage cutoff varies from profile to profile.

There is a paragraph in the instruction manual that says
The roaster is designed for use with typical supply voltages in New Zealand and Australia between 230 and 240 Volts. While it is safe to connect it to lower supply voltages such as typically found in Europe (210 to 220V), there is not enough power available below 220 Volts to always guarantee a perfect roast. The roaster will give a warning if the voltage is marginal. This will happen occasionally in residential areas where you are some distance from the nearest supply transformer and sometimes in commercial buildings with long feed lines from the main board. In most cases it is ok to proceed with roasting, but you should record a roast log so that you can see if the roaster is struggling to reach the temperature required by the roast profile.
Rehtael

Post by Rehtael »

Thanks...that's what I get for skimming the User Guide :lol:

Attached last 2 logs...
log0008.klog
(2.3 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
I must have had jittery fingers on Start, cause got "roast interrupted"...
log0009.klog
(64.25 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
Has mains_voltage:241.652
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

"Roast interrupted" only comes up if you lose power during the roast, not from jittery fingers. You have excellent voltage so I cannot explain why you would get a warning message for marginal voltage, or why you would get "Roast interrupted" unless you have a questionable supply plug or switch. Your second log file is textbook perfect. Your previous issues I cannot explain. As for skimming the manual: you have just proved that you are normal. ;)
Rehtael

Post by Rehtael »

Thanks.

Victoria's power is pretty dodgy and I live in an older house, so power is not a nice stable flow...

I might see about purchasing another small UPS to plug the Nano into, see if I can get at least a reasonable level of power flow...
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

A UPS would have to be able to give 6 Amps. Could be a good idea, but might be a sledge hammer to crack a walnut. Depends on how frequently power issues interfere with your coffee experience?
Rehtael

Post by Rehtael »

I always like to over do things :twisted:
power.png
power.png (21.07 KiB) Viewed 5678 times
There's an idea of the power flow (5 min intervals)....just ordered another UPS of same model:

Capacity (VA/Watts): 2200VA / 1320W
On Battery Output Voltage: Simulated Sine Wave at 230Vac +/- 5%
On Battery Output Frequency: 50Hz / 60 Hz +/- 1%

I also want to protect my Fiorenzato grinder, so investment in hammer isn't so bad
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

Perhaps it is actually a shield to protect the walnut from the sledge hammer :?: