Watchdog error

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Watchdog error

Post by kaffelogic »

There is a known issue with firmware version 7.3.6 and earlier. This will cause occasional watchdog errors.

The issue means that slight variations in ambient temperature and ordinary component variation (within specification) can cause this alarm to trigger intermittently for some users. This is not a cause for concern and is in fact a 'false alarm'.

The solution is to update your firmware to version 7.3.7 or higher. Please visit https://kaffelogic.com/index.php/home/support for instructions and firmware download.

If the problem persists after firmware update please contact [email protected]

See what firmware version you have: press ≡ four times, until you see "Press ▶ now for technical info". The ▶ button will then step you through various pieces of information about your roaster including your installed firmware version.
Angela

Battery symbol?

Post by Angela »

There's a symbol for a battery that appears, display right, during the cool down phase with 7.3.9. Odd?
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Re: Watchdog error

Post by kaffelogic »

Angela wrote: Thu 21 Nov, 2019 1:26 am There's a symbol for a battery that appears, display right, during the cool down phase with 7.3.9. Odd?
It's a symbol for a memory stick and indicates that a log is being recorded. Also shows during roast, but only when you are displaying the profile name. I see how it also looks like a battery - the challenge of 5x7 matrix characters!
Angela

Re: Watchdog error

Post by Angela »

Ah! The mist clears. Here was me thinking you'd found some rather whizzy way of telling me my doorbell battery needed replacing. :)

Watch out for function-creep though.