USB limitations?

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
Sceptic

USB limitations?

Post by Sceptic »

What filesystems and partition tables does the Nano 7 support? I tried loading a profile from each of the three usb sticks I had close to hand, and none of them seemed to work.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Re: USB limitations?

Post by kaffelogic »

The Nano 7 supports FAT/FAT32. Also the profile has to be in the correct folder so that is worth checking. The folder is /kaffelogic/roast-profiles. This folder is automatically created by Kaffelogic Profile Management Studio , but you will need to create it yourself if you download directly to the memory stick.

I have used numerous memory sticks without a problem so if you can let me know what the file system is on the ones you have, I can follow up.
Sceptic

Post by Sceptic »

Thanks, Chris. I suspect at least one of the sticks I used was ExFat, but the folder thing was probably the main issue. I tested one stick which wasn't creating the folder when I hit the "save to usb" button in the software yesterday, and it was a fat32 filesystem on an MBR partition; that usb stick didn't save a log when I roasted a batch last night, but after I wrote a fat32 filesystem on the raw device it created a log for a second batch just fine.

The roast profiles are showing up on the usb stick in the profile management software now, so knowing the required directory layout I'll at least be able to test filesystems on different partition tables. I'm looking forward to trying the sample beans that recommend the ninja and soft brew profiles, and to testing my bulk RNG beans with different profiles.

Incidentally, could you please provide a Linux version of the profile management software? I'm a lot more likely to play with roast profiles than I previously expected, not least because I have a sack of beans that aren't entirely to my taste (being less full bodied than I prefer), and I'd like to see what effects various changes in the roast will have on them.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

I've been looking into building on the Linux system but it will take me a while to get it working.
I didn't realise that multi - partition memory sticks won't work. So it looks like only single partition FAT32 are supported. I'll make sure these points are better covered as I continue to enhance the documentation.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

A Linux version is now available. It is really a beta release just to see how easy it is for Linux users to make use of this particular build. It is on https://kaffelogic.com/index.php/home/support
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

Firmware version 7.3.5 is now available. This is intended to provide a fix for the USB woes you have been experiencing. Please let me know if you still have trouble with them after updating.