Overheating

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
MelanieB

Overheating

Post by MelanieB »

Kia ora, I have one of the original Kaffelogics from the PledgeMe campaign. The last few times I've tried to use it, it stops part way into the roast with an error that it's overheating and reached <250 degrees. I've tried turning it off and leaving it for an hour, a few hours and over night, but I'm still getting the same error. This time the roast only lasted about 1 minute before the error occurred. I've ust been using the Classic roasting profile that came with the machine. I turned it way down to a light roast and still get the same issue. Any advice?
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Re: Overheating

Post by kaffelogic »

Your thermocouple needs replacing. The >250 deg C messages are not caused by actual overheating, but by the thermocouple failing. The PledgeMe fulfilment machines used a type of thermocouple that are unfortunately prone to early failure. Since then we have been using a higher quality thermocouple, none of which have failed. I can send you a new thermocouple and provide you with full instructions for replacing it yourself, or you can return the unit to our service centre in Dunedin and we will replace it for you. Please write to me direct at [email protected] to make arrangements.
Beanz

Re: Overheating

Post by Beanz »

Now That's GREAT Support!!