Differences in Rate of Rise curve

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Re: Differences in Rate of Rise curve

Post by kaffelogic »

Angela wrote: Thu 19 Sep, 2019 1:59 am There was me thinking you were doing some spectacular maths using the rate of change of the rate of rise. I'm deflated.
I did experiment with rate of change of the rate of rise, but the system is too noisy. Can't get the data fast enough for it to be of any use. However, there is still something special going on and that is how we manage to get the roast back on track before it reaches 150 dec C despite how badly off-profile it might have started. What makes our system unique is not so much the PID (which is algorithmically simple), but how the control error is calculated.
Angela wrote: Thu 19 Sep, 2019 1:59 am If the parameters are human tweaked it would be helpful to have a crib sheet detailing all the 'Engineer' functions for all idiots like me who enjoy playing with things they don't understand.
The help hovers on the settings tab in Studio provide the crib sheet. At present they are incomplete with several engineering settings still lacking any text. Enhancing those hovers is a work in progress - the end goal is to enable you to play around with the heart of the algorithm with some idea of what you are doing.