Temp is not temp, so how do we use it?

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
Damian

Re: Temp is not temp, so how do we use it?

Post by Damian »

As we develop accessories like the glass chimney, additional temperature sensors, and Bluetooth connectivity the monitor and modify approach will become more practical.
I really look forward to bluetooth connectivity, particularly live graphing and control.
An additional probe will be nice, I wouldn't mind trying a slightly heavier (thermal mass) probe too, if you know of one that I can swap to try.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Re: Temp is not temp, so how do we use it?

Post by kaffelogic »

Damian wrote: Wed 18 Mar, 2020 6:10 pm I wouldn't mind trying a slightly heavier (thermal mass) probe too, if you know of one that I can swap to try.
The thermal mass comes from the probe tubing and not the thermocouple itself. You could try simply withdrawing the currently fitted probe so that it sits inside the brass tube, instead of poking out into the beans. To do this you might need to take the covers off - I can send you the service manual if you want some guidance about taking the covers off.