View more than one log file in KLPMS

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
Sam

View more than one log file in KLPMS

Post by Sam »

Hi All,

Is it possible to display more than one log file in KLPMS?

I'd like to be able to compare two or more log files to better understand what's happening in the cup.

Btw, are there any votes out there for renaming KLPMS just to Kaffelogic Studio? I think we all know the application manages profiles and log files.

Thanks in advance,

Sam
BenN

Re: View more than one log file in KLPMS

Post by BenN »

I like shorter name.

Well you can compare to another profile but for log I normally open multiple instance and place them in a tile on large screen. It may be interesting to compare actual log as well.
Ben
Angela

Post by Angela »

I teased Chris mercilessly, on this forum, about this long ago.It was obviously needed then as it is now. Will he have an epiphany?
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

Sam wrote: Sun 19 Jan, 2020 12:30 pm I'd like to be able to compare two or more log files to better understand what's happening in the cup.
Open the first log file, then in the Tools menu choose Compare file. The comparison appears in the Roast profile curve tab (not in the Log tab). You get to see the profiles and temperatures compared. Other curves, such as RoR, are not shown in the comparison. You can compare files one-on-one in this way.

Future enhancements to this feature will be 1. the ability to compare multiple logs at once, and 2. include the comparison curves on the Log tab as well as the Roast profile curve tab.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

Sam wrote: Sun 19 Jan, 2020 12:30 pm I normally open multiple instance and place them in a tile on large screen.
This technique works on Windows and Linux only. On the Mac only one instance can be opened at a time, and therefore only one file at a time (as things are currently implemented). However, you can still compare with the compare file tool.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

Sam wrote: Sun 19 Jan, 2020 12:30 pm Btw, are there any votes out there for renaming KLPMS just to Kaffelogic Studio? I think we all know the application manages profiles and log files.
Starting a new thread for this - https://kaffelogic.com/community/viewto ... t=117#p706 it's a good idea and has been suggested a while ago too - happy to see if any other naming suggestions around before going ahead
Sam

Post by Sam »

Chris,

Thank you.

I am running the Mac build, but will try Windows version.

Sam