renaming KLPMS just to Kaffelogic Studio

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

renaming KLPMS just to Kaffelogic Studio

Post by kaffelogic »

Our software has a long and cumbersome name - this thread is for users to show support for the name to be shortened to Kaffelogic Studio, or for suggestions of another name from you: the people who use it.
BenN

Re: renaming KLPMS just to Kaffelogic Studio

Post by BenN »

I like simplicity of sound given by "Kaffelogic Studio".
It could so many things related to the unit and we all no managing profile and analyzing logs for start.

It does support multiple of tasks and where I would go for many things. There may be some other app coming in pipeline like BT connection or all go into this one app as well?

Anyway I was always reffered it as just Studio.
Last edited by BenN on Mon 20 Jan, 2020 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben
Damian

Post by Damian »

Calling it the Kaffelogic App seems logical to me
Sam

Post by Sam »

I also like "Kaffelogic Studio" but open to other suggestions.
Justine

Post by Justine »

Same here "Kaffelogic Studio"
Angela

A Message from the Devil's Advocacy Office

Post by Angela »

Oh I dunno; Kaffelogic Profile Management Studio sort of trips off the tongue, doesn't it? I can say it in under 3 seconds ..... now, after all that practice. And just think of all those printed advertising flyers they'd need to change.

Kaffe Logic Nano 7: why not Nano Studio? Nano seems an 'in-word' presently.

Nano means 10 to the power of minus 9, (1 thousand millionth). It is usually used in the context of measurement and becomes millionths of millimetres. I never could understand its use in the context of roasting coffee. But adverting guys appropriate everything don't they?
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Re: A Message from the Devil's Advocacy Office

Post by kaffelogic »

Angela wrote: Sat 25 Jan, 2020 11:25 pm Kaffe Logic Nano 7: why not Nano Studio? Nano seems an 'in-word' presently.

Nano means 10 to the power of minus 9, (1 thousand millionth). It is usually used in the context of measurement and becomes millionths of millimetres. I never could understand its use in the context of roasting coffee. But adverting guys appropriate everything don't they?
The term micro-roasting has become reasonably well established to refer to small scale commercial roasting, much the way micro-brewing has been used in the brewing industry. The term nano-roasting has not become so well established, but it does have a history of use referring to small shop roasters used in a cafe for on-premises consumption. The term, as used for the Kaffelogic 100g batch roaster, is used as a size indicator, or to indicate the class of roaster. However, when you look at the actual meaning of the SI prefixes it is more accurately a milli-roaster.
History may have overtaken me in this regard: the term nano-roasting has not gone on to become well established in the vocabulary, and a range of nanotechnology products have appeared in such a way as to blur the meaning of the term. However, being overtaken by history yet still fashionable can't be all bad.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

Based on the feedback given, the next release will be called Kaffelogic Studio. This will be available in beta shortly.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

This release is now in beta available as Kaffelogic Studio 4.0.0 from our beta site at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Voy1m ... o--Q-ud2cb