I need some help please

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
Damian

I need some help please

Post by Damian »

I have tried increasing fan, I've tried negative boost prior to FC, but can't seem to get rid of the dip
I would love some for any suggestions
1.jpeg
1.jpeg (143.94 KiB) Viewed 5068 times
Attachments
2.jpeg
2.jpeg (127.09 KiB) Viewed 5068 times
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Re: I need some help please

Post by kaffelogic »

Hey Damian
Post your log file so I can have look at all settings - might be something there that stands out to me. Also can you say something about the coffee density and processing?
Cheers
Chris
Damian

Post by Damian »

I'm am starting to head in the right direction I think, may have just needed to post about it... lol
This was my next try
log0029.jpg
log0029.jpg (81.81 KiB) Viewed 5061 times
And then this, my most recent try
log0030.jpg
log0030.jpg (81.77 KiB) Viewed 5061 times
log0030.klog
(73.63 KiB) Downloaded 312 times

I think I need more zones
Damian

Post by Damian »

The bean I roasted first was Yirgacheffe, I have a couple bags of "Panama Rati Hartmann black honey" spare so I changed to them to continue adjusting the profile, but they seem to crack a little earlier, which I think made things worse.
The last two attempts were with "Panama Rati Hartmann black honey"

Once I get the RoR smoother, I think I'll have to shift the zone times when I switch back to roasting Ethiopian beans or Geisha. Which is what I wanted to profile for, just didn't want to trash my Geisha beans
Steve

Post by Steve »

Those Rati hartmann have always been a super crashy coffee, should see what happens in a drum roaster!
Damian

Post by Damian »

I cupped those roasts for the last two graphs this morning.
This is a great coffee, much better than what I remember, might have to pull this one out of reject pile.

The roast from the last graph had more body and mouthfeel, very slight baked taste at the end of the first sample, but I couldn't sense it again with further tasting. In comparison, the other seemed slightly underdeveloped. I'd still like to get a smooth RoR though, to see what it can do for it.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

Damian wrote: Tue 04 Feb, 2020 5:00 pm I think I need more zones
Hey Damian, we can do more zones. I am trying to be careful about adding too much to the profile file spec just because in the end it has to be stored in the rather limited RAM of a small microprocessor, but the capacity is there for some more zones if needed. How many do you need? Also do you think that zones might need other features than the existing boost?