Firmware request.

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
Angela

Firmware request.

Post by Angela »

Roasting some Guji today I was keen to follow a successful roast that ended at L1.6 I had made a couple of days before.

I had set 1.6 as the target but as the roast progressed I noticed 1st crack was a degree or two higher than my previous roast . (Today the air pressure is high.) I intervened to increase the level so that the roast didn't end prematurely. I then found that I'd lost the development percentage and more importantly the seconds from 1st crack being shown on the display. I was aiming for 1:45 after first crack.

So, Mr Kaffelogic, Sir, there is the use case: I didn't have time to wade through the options on 'info' and even then wasn't sure I could get the timer back; would it be within your remit to re-code the firmware to be able to keep this important view from being lost and always to hand? Say a timeout? After an adjust to level with 1st crack information previously showing the screen reverts after 3 second of no input. Would that work? Got enough room?

As an aside; pilots of aircraft denote their target height above sea level as a Flight Level. FL is a number representing hundreds of feet. So FL350 really is 35 000 feet above sea level

May I suggest we do something similar, removing the useless zeros in the Core Profile names and just use a number representing hundreds of meters; such as 0-12, 12-15, 15-20, 20-27? And if Chris is going to play with names in the firmware, to add a log number, that increases his space to play with.
And then use the '8/3 3' format, suggested much earlier, for large file names plus log number.
BenN

Re: Firmware request.

Post by BenN »

I think pressing profile selection button brig back that "development progress" screen.
Chris or Wayne nay be able to confirm.
Ben
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Good day Angela and Ben

Thank you so much for the post Angela .

The quick and easy way to get back to the profile and development % is by pressing the PROFILE button anytime during the roast .

Thank you Ben , you are correct .

On the changes Angela . It’s a tricky situation . On the one hand you want to make roasting on the KL as easy and as clear as possible - especially for a beginner . On the other , you have so much information available to you but limited space .

Wayne
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

My thinking is to add a 'this roast info' feature that appears instead of the 'last roast info' during a roast. It's a few extra button presses away from what you are thinking of, but also allows to show the log number, expected temperature and time the roast will auto end, as well as expected DTR.
Angela

Post by Angela »

BenN wrote: Thu 08 Oct, 2020 4:26 am I think pressing profile selection button brig back that "development progress" screen.
Chris or Wayne nay be able to confirm.
Wayne wrote: Thu 08 Oct, 2020 7:36 am The quick and easy way to get back to the profile and development % is by pressing the PROFILE button anytime during the roast .
Well silly me, thank you both. I never read that in my handbook.

I didn't understand the responses to the 8/3 3 problem.
BenN

Post by BenN »

kaffelogic wrote: Thu 08 Oct, 2020 8:51 am My thinking is to add a 'this roast info' feature that appears instead of the 'last roast info' during a roast. It's a few extra button presses away from what you are thinking of, but also allows to show the log number, expected temperature and time the roast will auto end, as well as expected DTR.
I like the idea.
Angela wrote: Thu 08 Oct, 2020 8:49 pm
Well silly me, thank you both. I never read that in my handbook.
I did asked same in way back... :oops:
Ben