Watchdog alarm

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
DGal

Watchdog alarm

Post by DGal »

Kia ora - I've just done a couple of roasts and now have a message "Fault detected: watchdog alarm". Does anyone know know what this means, and if I need to do anything? The only info I can find on this forum related to a software fix in 2019, and I have the latest updates loaded. Thanks!
Yochiya

Re: Watchdog alarm

Post by Yochiya »

Sorry to hear, easiest is to post on the KL Users FB page and Linking Wayne B in the post.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hi DGal

I am so sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday. I was not on my computer.

I am so sorry you are having this issue. I have emailed you from our service centre. A watchdog error can be caused by the following 3 issues: A error in KL firmware installation or a need to install the latest firmware. A corrupt EPROM that needs to be reset ( like hard rebooting your cell phone ) or a main PCB failure- extremely rare.

I'll diagnose the unit with you on the service platform and update the users on this thread if you are ok with this. If you are in Auckland, I will drive out to collect the unit, diagnose and get it back to you ASAP. Chris and John will do the same in Dunedin and Christchurch.

Let's get you back to roasting as quick as we can.

Regards and again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Wayne
DGal

Post by DGal »

Thanks Wayne, have your email and have replied there.