New machine malfunction

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
Xanthine

New machine malfunction

Post by Xanthine »

Received my Kaffelogic roaster one week ago. Checked out fan speed and empty roast - all ok. First roast proceeded fine until a minute or so after first crack, then stopped with a “heat too fast message”. I did a reset and then tried again. The beans never got to any change of colour and roaster stopped again, very early this time. No logs were obtained for either of these two. Third attempt, once again with 120g of beans, classic profile, L4, 1200-1500m settings produced the following, which probably sheds some light on the problem - after 1min 40sec temp was 130, 2 minutes 132, 2min 20sec 126, 2mins 35sec 137, 3mins 147 which was peak temp reached. From then on a fairly linear decrease to 28deg at 7mins at which point the power output showed as 1430W and fan speed as 13235rpm obviously wrong as beans not being agitated at all, and everything very cool. No log obtained for this roast.
I have tried emailing and phoning the supplier but no response so far. It is very disappointing, and I don’t know how to proceed from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mikk

Re: New machine malfunction

Post by Mikk »

Don’t panic, KL will sort it out. Does the fan still run ok now when testing the fan speed?
Xanthine

Post by Xanthine »

Hi Mikk,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, the fan calibration check is all good as is the empty hot roast check. If I was really very fussy, maybe the fan speed could be lowered a tiny bit, but I guess the level of agitation of the beans could also depend a small amount on the bean density used for the check. In any case my test looked very similar to the test as shown on YouTube.
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

Xanthine wrote: Tue 21 May, 2024 6:54 pm I have tried emailing and phoning the supplier but no response so far. It is very disappointing, and I don’t know how to proceed from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Make sure to open a support ticket at https://kaffelogic.com/help
Xanthine

Post by Xanthine »

I made contact with the supplier yesterday, and he said that he was following up my problem. I assume with Kaffelogic. He said that my experience (symptoms ) was somewhat unusual and would be looked into.
So probably best to wait until I hear back from him??
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

Xanthine wrote: Thu 23 May, 2024 11:54 pm So probably best to wait until I hear back from him??
Yes, correct, that is best.
Xanthine

Post by Xanthine »

Thanks kaffelogic. I’ll try to be patient 😕