Studio 3.2.1

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
BenN

Studio 3.2.1

Post by BenN »

Hi Chris

I have installed 3.2.1 and played with few existing logs and profile. I made little tweak to existing profile ( not actually used for roast yet) .

I also played meagre profile feature and it works quite well.

I did not encounter any bug and quite stable on windows 10 1903 .

I see new profile use schema 1.5.1 and I have few old ones like 1.4 and 1.5 etc.
Do you have any plan for Schema update tool or option to save it as new schema from studio?
Bulk update utility will be great so we can do multiple profile at once,

I like keep most used one to be up to date. ( just my OCD side showing here).

I also like to see compare option enhanced sometime in distance feature with multiple file compare and colour corded or show profile name on the screen along with line when hovered or clicked. If I want compare multiple I keep switching secondary profile or opening up multiple session. Although, I'm not sur how many people really wasn't to compare the main editing one with multiple different reference at once...

Anyway, overall it stable and I like all the new features.
Ben
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Re: Studio 3.2.1

Post by kaffelogic »

Thanks for your comments Ben.

We will have a schema update feature soon. So far the differences between schema versions have been so small that we have not felt the need for the feature, but it is definitely planned. That's a good point that it will need to be capable of bulk updating - noted.

I have given the multi-compare option some thought already. If there is sufficient demand for it then it is something I will do. I think identifying them by colour might be difficult or confusing. I like your idea of identifying them by name when you hover over the line on the graph. I think that could work.
BenN

Post by BenN »

One more thing noticed that a expected colour change temp and FC temp is no longer membered by app.
I think it moved to new profile schema.

For using old schema profile of start with new, I would like to have app default for my own as I know most of my beans are behaving in similar temp to reach those point.
Ben
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

That makes sense. Here's a question: should it remember the numbers from the last profile you opened, or should it only remember if you change the values? So if you open someone else's profile to look at it and they have different numbers from yours, then
1. it won't remember their numbers unless you change them and save them, or
2. it will remember their numbers because they were the last numbers it displayed
BenN

Post by BenN »

kaffelogic wrote: Thu 10 Oct, 2019 4:30 pm That makes sense. Here's a question: should it remember the numbers from the last profile you opened, or should it only remember if you change the values? So if you open someone else's profile to look at it and they have different numbers from yours, then
1. it won't remember their numbers unless you change them and save them, or
2. it will remember their numbers because they were the last numbers it displayed
That's tough decision, if it saved in profile or log I diffidently want to use it. Also when it merged profile curve from other.
But I want some global default of mine ( every one may be different) what about set it to application option and use it if the value on panel is empty?

if profile/log already have value it does not change it unless I save it with new value, but if it is empty use one in global/application option in Edit Option pop-up.
Ben
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

That's a much better way to do it: have it as an option that gets used whenever there is a blank. That will work well.

The merge feature as it stands will import the curve if you tick that box, but not the expected colour change and first crack values or the recommended level. To get them you have to also tick the 'settings' box when merging, and then you get those plus all the settings. Maybe you need more control over which specific setting get merged in?
BenN

Post by BenN »

kaffelogic wrote: Thu 10 Oct, 2019 5:04 pm That's a much better way to do it: have it as an option that gets used whenever there is a blank. That will work well.

The merge feature as it stands will import the curve if you tick that box, but not the expected colour change and first crack values or the recommended level. To get them you have to also tick the 'settings' box when merging, and then you get those plus all the settings. Maybe you need more control over which specific setting get merged in?
That merging scenario work for me, but it will be great to have option to meagre phase data with curve or separate tick box that we can pick as combination.
Ben
BenN

Post by BenN »

Annotation 2019-10-21 100818.jpg
Annotation 2019-10-21 100818.jpg (39.04 KiB) Viewed 5545 times
Got this by hitting CTL-Y redo. It does redo Ok but this pops up every time.

And get error message when c;losing program that is just permission error that log can not be written,
Ben
kaffelogic
Site Admin

Post by kaffelogic »

Thanks Ben. I've been cleaning up the undo/redo code and I think I have fixed this bug. I will get v 3.2.2 available later today. I will let you know.
BenN

Post by BenN »

Thanks Chris, I'll keep eye on there.
Ben