Low voltage problems with new profile

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
TimmiLatte

Low voltage problems with new profile

Post by TimmiLatte »

Hey there,

I have been trying to create my own profile and run into low voltage problems. When I load the new profile into my roaster it says that 235volts is not enough.

The strange part of it is that I had a roast profile that required much higher watts and it ran fine, then when I adjusted it to run on lower watts it has that problem.

The current profile recommends 960watts for preheat phase. The roasters companion says I can use a slightly higher wattage, so I used 1000watts.

I have left the maximum watts at the default 1200.

Here's the unusual part: before I tweaked the profile, the recommended preheat watts was 1180 (which I used the recommended 1180) and it never came up with any voltage warnings, even when I tried to run it with only 230 volts available.

Any advice on which setting I have overlooked or something?
Attachments
new 2209.kpro
(2 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
TimmiLatte

Re: Low voltage problems with new profile

Post by TimmiLatte »

Also, of note - the adjustment that came up was to slightly increase the starting temp at the beginning of the graph. This flattened the profile curve a bit, hence needing only 960 watts instead of 1180 watts. I’m confused why that would suddenly trigger the low voltage warning
Geronimo

Post by Geronimo »

Hi

Not sure if you have actually run your profile yet?

As an aside, I notice at the start of your curve, your temperature is 49 Deg. C, and if you look at other curves this would be roughly the ambient temperature. I'd pull the start down to around 20 deg C. The fan is at a higher speed at this point in the roast also [which is normal] and uses more power.

Not sure if helpful or not but that jumped out at me, and Id be surprised if that is the problem, as should be adequate power at that stage in the roast???

I'd be tempted to run after dragging the start down, and see what happens even if you get a warning.

Cheers
TimmiLatte

Post by TimmiLatte »

Hey Geronimo,

I did as you suggested and lowered the starting temp. Sure enough, the low voltage warning went away. It's so weird though, because the profile of that roast started way above the new set temperature lol.

It's getting late now, but I'll continue tinkering and let you know what I come up with.
Attachments
log0073.klog
(62.85 KiB) Downloaded 173 times