Indonesia Java Robusta

Start a new topic for a new roast profile. Reply to an existing topic to enter your comments on the profile, or to attach minor variants.
Dane

Indonesia Java Robusta

Post by Dane »

Has anybody had any decent success with a profile for 900m Altitude washed Indonesia Java Robusta?

Mainly for espresso.

Hope someone can help, Thanks in advance 8-)
Steve

Re: Indonesia Java Robusta

Post by Steve »

How dark do you want them? 2nd crack?

How much Voltage do you have available?

I assume they are quite large? This will mean you have to drop down to 90g maybe 85g if they are huge. Then you have the issue of being large and low altitude which can take a lot of heat / power and high airflow to get them going but you also dont want to be too aggressive.

I have not tried it, but an idea that comes to mind is to take Damians "Droast" and adjust the finish so it hits a higher temp in around 3min. MIght run into power issues though in which case swapping out the Fan Profile for my Darkside Fan Profile may get you there.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Good day Dane

I hope you are well ..

I have been getting really good results on the following profiles roasting robusta .

I generally roast to the profile default and then adjust either negative or positive to reach my desired roast dev % . The information on the "About this file " should help you . You might also have to adjust the timing of the zones - A bit of fine tuning if you need .

The 900-1200 GTTT profile is a 3-5 day resting profile and at the moment, giving really good results with LOW alt coffees . The Robusta profile was created over an average spread of different robusta roasts .

Please try and give us some feedback .
Attachments
900-1200 GTTT Profile.kpro
(2.71 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
ROBUSTA.kpro
(2.5 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
nrdlnd

Post by nrdlnd »

Hi,
I have a couple of questions about these profiles. Do they work with "Monsooned Robusta" from India?
Do the 900-1200 GTTT work well with Brazilian greens for example Cerrado? I've found it hard to find a good profile for Brazilian.
Hawko

Post by Hawko »

I’ve tried the robusta in an Indian and it didn’t get second crack. Can’t post the log (not at home) but it followed the profile pretty well. They need a little more heat to get there I think as dev % was also a little high at 32%.

Roasting again tomorrow so will tweak it a little and see how I go