"Heat too slow Pls check beans" error

Tell us about your experience, ask if you're unsure of something, let us know if you have a problem.
eyetom

"Heat too slow Pls check beans" error

Post by eyetom »

"Heat too slow Pls check beans" error.
This error shows up at the beginning of the roast and the temperature only reaches about 79 or 80 F. I have tried the standard roasting profiles preprogrammed into the roaster, switching outlets, different beans. No chaff in the chaff collector.
SeanBrews

Re: "Heat too slow Pls check beans" error

Post by SeanBrews »

Something to try would be doing a reset of the roaster and trying an empty chamber test and then a roast.

To reset the unit, first turn it off. Then hold down the Start (middle) button and turn it on whilst holding the Start button down until it reboots and says 'resetting'.

Then on the displayed KL Classic profile start a roast with no beans in the chamber. The temp should increase rapidly and display a "heat too fast" error. If this does not happen then please contact support.

If you get the "heat too fast" error then try a roast and see if you have similar results. If you can, please share a log of the roast for this attempt.
eyetom

Post by eyetom »

Thank you. It may be a few days before I can access the roaster but I will give that a try.
eyetom

Post by eyetom »

I did the reset and roast with no beans but received the same "Heat too slow Pls check beans" error.
eyetom

Post by eyetom »

Any other suggestions?
WasabiPeas

Post by WasabiPeas »

You need to contact the KL support team. You need a new heating element. Same thing happened to me a couple of months ago.
eyetom

Post by eyetom »

My roaster is only a few months old and I roast once a week (3 to 4 batches). I did send an email to support yesterday.
eyetom

Post by eyetom »

Still waiting on response from support. Is there a way to confirm it is the heating element and does support send out parts for the end user to replace? Do they send a new unit? Does it usually take a long time to resolve issues with the roaster? Trying to anticipate my void in roasting capabilities.
Eightimmortals

Post by Eightimmortals »

Did you hear back from them yet?
Are they even still in business?
I've sent a couple of emails and tried to call them but it went straight to voicemail?
Xantlin

Post by Xantlin »

Likewise, I am getting the same error. I have never been able to use the device I just bought. The failure of a device that has been in the market for more than 2 years, even though it was just taken out of the box, made me think about buying the device again. I also contacted Kaffelogic about the situation but still have not received a response. I'm really pissed off now. It is really frustrating to experience such problems after purchasing such an expensive device and not even get an answer in return.