Brewing Session - 15 May 2020

Wayne

Brewing Session - 15 May 2020

Post by Wayne »

Good day ALL

Please find the following Kaffelogic profile attached to be used for tomorrows brew tasting .
3.1 on the recommended Roast end is the recommended Default . If this is not the case , please could you make the adjustment on the Kaffelogic before roasting .

The objective of this profile is ultimately to roast and then directly from roaster , grind and taste ...

I am Looking forward to tasting and comparing notes .

Please if you can , taste the coffee 1 day later and a further 2 days later and ultimately 3 days later .

This might mean , you might have to roast 2 to 3 batches right after each other .
The goal here is to asses the decrease OR increase in taste profile of the coffee over this period - I hope there is a downward trend and taste by day 3 .

We will have a quick discussion around this on Monday 18 May . This will be DAY 3

Have a great Session and see you all tomorrow
Attachments
Altitude 1500-2000 USE DIRECT AFTER ROAST.kpro
(2 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
Dane

Re: Brewing Session - 15 May 2020

Post by Dane »

oooh, missed this. will give it a go!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hello Dane

No stress . Give it a go . The goal of the Profile is to Roast and then directly after , Use .

We are looking for the flavour generated in the coffee to come through and then hopefully die down over the next few days . Best to try the coffee directly after and then try a day later and a second day after .

Good luck and Have fun
Justine

Post by Justine »

Hi Wayne,

I did roast a few bags of decaf and Colombian for this, but everything went wrong.

It was suddenly a set of panic roasts as I was roasting for 6 not 1 as I planned, and I didn't cope well. I pressed stop instead of marking first crack. I got distracted so didn't hear the next first crack. I used Mexican instead of columbian........ I was travelling to Wellington at the time of the cupping session. I didn't try any of the coffees for at least 2 days, so they were tasteless and didn't stand up to milk.

Now I have plenty of coffee beans to pass through the grinder after it's been cleaned to clear the cleaning agent!!!!!